Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Week Eight: Travels in the Disney

To start off, I thought the film you showed us was something I would burn. With all respect. It was too much for me couldn't handle it. I understand the meaning that Disney has a dark side and how its not so perfect then it seems. Disney wasn't perfect even way back in the day even when it was considered untouchable, and harmless. It was really racist, and sexist. I can understand it was during a time period where that wasn't really frowned upon, but its not fun thinking about Walt Disney and other late animators you look up to make something like that. Then you want grow up and be a great artist just them.

I found Youtube clips of the first of Disney's Fantasia that was later cut out from the movie when it came out on VHS in the early 2000s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdi3zX9DKm8

Over all the other things Disney has done in the past, I think it just ignorance.

Myself, I was brought up strongly on Disney movies. I've probably seen every animated picture, not so much the live action, and I could quote the whole movie. Because of Disney i'm here at Ringling. I want to make my own movies, and tell my stories too one day. Even tough I'm in Illustration I want to be animator. Since I've been here, I've lost a little bit of the Disney motivational magic. Meaning I don't really care what Disney is really doing right now. It just has turned into just making money, and doing what their told to do. The older movies that I watched growing up, seemed more taken seriously and they actually enjoyed doing them. The traditional animation is what I fell in love with. Now its this 3D crap that I don't like, other if Pixar does it. Its Pixar's thing, and Disney's making it as well to add money to what they already have. It's just a faster way of making money.

I still don't like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment