Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Week Thirteen: Media and Fan Culture

Ive never been a hardcore fan of anything. The closest would be to mostly celebrities. If there is a show, and I like, I would be a fan, but thats it. I don't do the extra stuff like dressing up like them, or have constant merchandise all over my room, and body. I don't know thats just me I guess. With fandom in general, it can become something so big, and people usually can go over board. I for one can understand a person really liking something, but when it comes to going to constant conventions, and knowing the actors every move is kind of scary and creepy to me.

Then it comes to the side where why do they love and connect so much with these shows and people. One they want and someone hot, and intelligent to where we are able to go on their mission with us the audience being invited or not known to exist. Then there is the story. Why do we care what you do, why your doing it, and how are you going to entertain us as the audience. What makes you different from what we have already seen, and how are you going to get out of your situations that you have made for yourself, and show us. Thats mostly how I think a person thinks with in the first couple of minutes of a pilot of a show to get your attention. Or in anotherway, have tumblr do it for you, and you soon know all the characters of the shows and who they, but never actually watched it.

No comments:

Post a Comment