Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Week Six: The Roots of Hipster

Using the three primary elements of the liberal arts, classification, collection, and appreciation, write a blog post that defines the contemporary hipster. Besides an explanation of the category provide a series of links to works that help define the hipster in the 21st century. Write a statement of appreciation for each of the links you provide explaining the relevance and value of the example to the notion of the hipster and to what is hip. This is due next week, Feb. 25.

I don't know if I consider myself a hipster. I never knew the definition of what it actually was until I looked it up. I never wasn't really afraid to call myself a hipster, but usually people would point out people who were hipster weren't liked or cared about. I love the hipster community, and mostly the fashion. The emotional part of being a hipster is something I could be distant with. Im not really a loner, but i do love my space. Hipsters have tumblr by storm, and picture taking is a huge deal in their community. 

A definition of a HIPSTER...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hipster

I think a lot of being hipster is basically promoting logic and fashion that modern people wouldn't know about or wouldn't care to want to know. Like collecting a skull they found out side, and putting it in glass case, or taking your grandparents record player, and playing their music of an artist that aren't even alive anymore. So, I have a piece of history, and I wish I lived in this time period because I can connect better to it. If you think about it, thats why I think hipsters don't wear clothes in modern time. Either it looks better, or they mostly hate modern day style. I do. I hate Aeropastle, and all the other clothing companies like that. I don't need huge ass lettering all over my chest promoting your industry to be better than someone else.

Kind of hipster clothing stores...

www.forever21.com/

www.karmaloop.com/



Over all like I said  I do love the clothes, and thats what I chose to wear. Im not sure if I'm their all the way group wise though.

No comments:

Post a Comment